ThistleDew Farm

ThistleDew Farm
Established 2009

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bestest Surprise

On my drive home yesterday I knew I had only a hard evening of painting to look forward to, sigh..... But what to my wondering eyes should appear (not a sleigh and eight tiny reindeer) but a neatly wrapped package from the USPS lady. I did not recognize the address so with my usual finesse, I tore into the wrapping.

Out popped the cutest apron that has ever graced my house! And the first apron to grace this house!

I was the lucky recipient of this wonderfully made apron giveaway from The Apron Goddess












Here is what the apron looks like in MY kitchen -

I know what you're thinking - "Wow what a kitchen!" - We're going through a minimalist period right now!

If you want decorating tips - I'd be happy to help you - I can definitely recreate this look in any kitchen.....sledge hammer please! Now stand back....

Notice also that I am wearing three layers of clothes and a scarf - no longer though, the heat is now turned on and I don't mean as a result of my sexy little apron either. The heating guy actually turned on the heat now that the dry wall is done!

Not only did I receive the lovely apron through The Apron Goddess from Practically Necessary
but as I reached my hand into the elegantly finished pocket (lined and brick a bracked)what should I find but an embroidered hanky. Not just any hanky but a Practically Necessary hanky with pansies on it! How did they know Pansies are among my most favorite flowers?
The hanky was so beautiful it brought a tear to The Princess' eye.....




















But alas, even Cinderella has to go back to scrubbing floors - in my case the paint pail....

That's the slate blue primer I was talking about to go under the Chocolate - I mean Rootbeer Float - brown....guess what I'm doing tonight? Want'a pop over and help?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and the Princess look marvelous and I love the apron and hanky!!! I'd love to help paint but I need to alphabetize my closet tonight!!!

Tracey said...

I would gladly help....but its a bit too far to come, sorry! Love the apron.
Love Tracey xxx

Tami said...

Cute apron! Looking forward to seeing the "Rootbeer" Chocolate on the walls! I love painting...but a little too far to travel. Please, please do have lot's of fun without me! ;o)

Julia said...

Thanks so much for the pictures! I bet you are just going crazy waiting for the kitchen to get put in properly.

Lindsey said...

I have an award for you! Come on by and pick it up! :)

Susie said...

That apron is so cute and that little hankie is too! Girl, I just know the excitement you must be feeling as everything is coming together. Can't wait to see the paint job.

Connie said...

What a lovely apron! So cool! Painting is a lot of hard work, but it will be so worth it when you are done. Good luck to you and hang in there!