ThistleDew Farm

ThistleDew Farm
Established 2009

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things to do for Free

Here are some tasks from a sheet I've had for several years - these items are intended to motivate you and allow you to live a more fulfilling life. I included some editorial comments! (if you can stand them)

- Take a 10 minute walk - every day, and smile - it is the ultimate anti-depressant. The funny thing about smiling is if you walk around with a smile, people smile back at you and they ask you where things are, especially in a grocery store. This makes me feel popular and needed so I smile all the time.

- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. I have never done this one - I think it might make me crazy to be alone with myself - besides I'm not sure where to go to be alone unless I park on a deserted road....sounds kind of dangerous to me, I think I'll skip this one.

- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My Purpose is to ____________ today."
This sounds pretty good - I might change this to "the most important thing to do today is...."

- Play more games and read more books this year.
I'm all about that - only not the electronic type of games, actually get dirty outside and use what nature provides! I love doing that.

- Make time to practice meditation and prayer.
I could definitely use more time to meditate - maybe I'll do this instead of sit in silence....maybe I'll listen - you can pick up on so much if you just sit, listen, wait...

- No one is in charge of your happiness EXCEPT YOU.
I forget this often....I let others try to make me happy or I try to make others happy - you can't force someone to be happy, I've tried!

- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
This goes a long way in showing humility - sometimes I forget it's not all about me and that my trifles aren't foremost in others minds - I know it's hard to believe.

- What other people think of you is none of your business.
I worry about this a lot. I am much happier when being me, instead of that person I want others to see....Me is much more fun anyway, She can be a pain in the kester!

- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. I might be awhile on this one.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Good advice for sure. I need to apply some of these principles to my life. That last little tidbit could definitely take a long time.

SUPPORT said...

Awesome post!

Pear tree cottage! said...

What a great post to read at this time of year.......I am with the others who have left comments "Awesome"

Lee-ann in very hot Australia.

Adventure girl said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting me! I love your list! I will think of it all day;) I am in the process of clearing out and getting rid of;)

Connie said...

What a great post, Melissa. Some very good ideas here. I REALLY need to do that clean things out one. We just have too much stuff that we don't really need or want. Finding the time to go through things is the biggest problem for me. Have a great weekend! :D

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

This is ALL so good...I especially like the smiling part because it really can make people wonder what's up, ya know? And you're right people start asking you where things are...happens to me in Office Depot. I must really look like I know something...:0) So many with frowns and too much seriousness going on...it's life, smile!, we aren't getting out of here alive..LOL Have some fun! Enjoyed your blog so much..will be back. :0)

Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

Anonymous said...

So, irrespective of how typically you may get in the market to engage in, you can use the recommendations above to produce your golf game much better. Attempt one of these simple functional recommendations to make certain your online game is the best it can be making each and every swing count up if you are out on the program.Boost Your Splendor Using These Sound Advice [url=http://stephenburton.com.au/_js/include.asp]Ralph Lauren[/url]
When you are going to make organic soup, include your red onion, tomatoes, carrots, peppers and other veggies to oil or butter prior to put these people to water. In this way, you will find that the soup features a richer taste on it as well as the all kinds of sugar are definitely more normalized this way. [url=http://topsteel.com.au/admin/upload_menu.asp]Beats Headphones[/url]
Examine your brush for a way difficult the bristles are. You need a thing that is soft as well as method class. Difficult bristles may actually degrade your enamel as time passes. You want an issue that can remove particles and clean the areas of the tooth, although not really do damage to them. [url=http://penrithwhitewater.com.au/giftcerts/config.asp]Oakley Australia[/url]
A vital playing golf hint to keep in mind is you must only be worried about enjoying 1 hole at any given time. Particularly when you're enjoying within a rivalry setting, wanting to know about that sand capture around the 12th when you're teeing off of in the 10th is always will be in your head for the upcoming two slots. [url=http://justquotes.com.au/suntrap/new/PrinterFriendly-TBA.html]Nike Shox Australia[/url]
Opt for your seating when arranging your air travel if you can. In case you have the window chair in the airplane, you do not have to concern yourself with individuals shifting you to go to the restroom or becoming troubled by people working into you should you rest in the aisle. Another benefit in the window is that you have charge of your window tone. It is important that you own an inspection done of the commercial real-estate property, in the same way you might if you are buying your home. Often, people purchase business real estate only to find out that we now have a lot of secret issues that price 1000s of dollars to solve. [url=http://abbeydigital.com.au/p3p/w3c/include.html]Michael Kors Australia[/url]