ThistleDew Farm

ThistleDew Farm
Established 2009

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jane Austin Fan

I have been a Jane Austin fan for a while, but I must admit I don't think I've actually read any of her novels - my experience comes from the big screen. Therefore I am not as dedicated as I should be. My New Year's Resolution is to read her novels and some biography's. I shall keep a little list here on the blog so you can see how I'm doing.

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!


I took the quiz and I am Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! According to the survey I am practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though I am tremendously sensible and allow my head to rule, I have a deep, emotional side that few people often see. (They had me right up to that last bit - I think I wear my emotions on my sleeve - but I'll have to let others be the judge. It might be funny to take the quiz answering as someone else would for you - then compare!!!!! Hmmmm, I think this is another opportunity to blog-jack Terri's site!!!!!

I will get right on reading my first novel right after I finish my custom order crochet projects. I've two scarves to finish up this week, 10 more of the 12 crocheted pouches (then they must be felted - I only hope my hubby gets the washing machine hooked up prior to Dec 15th so I can get them felted!), I have a few crochet cosies for soap bars to make for BrandyAnn and two scrumble purses I'm been meaning to talk to you about.....perhaps I'll tackle a tutorial this weekend!

The house is coming along - we are on permanent power now but it is very limited. We have a few inspections to go through prior to getting everything hooked up...Dan is finishing up the outside which is a good thing - because it is unseasonable freezing here in East Tennessee.....just what you need when you're living in an aluminum can and using a port-a-potty!!!!!

3 comments:

Terri said...

My washer isn't good for felting, but I boiled the scrap wool shawl I made and it felted nicely. The only thing is, you can see where I joined each new piece of yarn (and there were lots of those) so it's definitely a wear around the farm item!

So, (yes, there is a point to his ramble!) you could bring the pouches over and boil them in the stockpot, and then we could finish them off in the dryer. Just a thought.

Terri

Terri

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Glad to hear the house is coming along fine. It's freezing here in GA already--hate to think of you spending the winter in an aluminum can with a port-a-potty!
You've been busy crocheting! Can't wait to see!
I'm Elinor, too! That's what the quiz said. I almost picked up a Jane Austen book the other day because it had been so long since I read one! But I put it back down. Rats!

Connie said...

Good luck with your reading goals and also with getting things hooked up in the house soon. It is only Nov. 20 and I'm already tired of the cold! HA! I better get used to it, I guess. :D